Volcanic eruptions are some of the worst disasters man has ever faced. It is a combination of earthquakes, fire, earth and more all rolled into one. The scale used for measuring such explosions is called the Volcanic Explosivity Index or the VEI. The strength of an explosion is measured from 1 to 8 with 8 being the strongest. A number higher is equivalent to about ten times more than the power of the previous. It has been more than 10 millennia since the last VEI 8 explosion. Check out the biggest volcano eruptions in history in no particular order.
You might also like
- Imagine Living With These 7 Largest Carnivorous Dinosaurs
- 10 Biggest Crocodiles Ever Caught! They’re Unbelievable!
- These 7 Biggest Volcanoes Will Leave You in Awe!
- 13 Biggest Volcano Eruptions Since the Dawn of Man
- 7 Facts On the Lion’s Mane: The Biggest Jellyfish
- These 12 Biggest Spiders are What Nightmares are Made of