Volcanic eruptions are some of the worst disasters man has ever faced. It is a combination of earthquakes, fire, earth and more all rolled into one. The scale used for measuring such explosions is called the Volcanic Explosivity Index or the VEI. The strength of an explosion is measured from 1 to 8 with 8 being the strongest. A number higher is equivalent to about ten times more than the power of the previous. It has been more than 10 millennia since the last VEI 8 explosion. Check out the biggest volcano eruptions in history in no particular order.
You might also like
- 7 Fascinating Facts about the Biggest Morel Mushroom
- 14 Biggest Malls in America That Shopaholics Will Love
- 10 Amazing Facts about the World’s Longest Snake
- Do You Want One of 15 of the Biggest Dog Breeds as a Pet?
- The 12 Biggest College Football Stadiums in America
- 7 Facts On the Lion’s Mane: The Biggest Jellyfish