Volcanic eruptions are some of the worst disasters man has ever faced. It is a combination of earthquakes, fire, earth and more all rolled into one. The scale used for measuring such explosions is called the Volcanic Explosivity Index or the VEI. The strength of an explosion is measured from 1 to 8 with 8 being the strongest. A number higher is equivalent to about ten times more than the power of the previous. It has been more than 10 millennia since the last VEI 8 explosion. Check out the biggest volcano eruptions in history in no particular order.
You might also like
- 15 Biggest Sharks Ever Recorded, #12 is a Monster!
- Top 10 Biggest Tornadoes that Blew Our World
- Unbelievable! But These 10 Biggest Alligator Gars Exist!
- These 12 Biggest Spiders are What Nightmares are Made of
- 7 Fascinating Facts about the Biggest Morel Mushroom
- 7 Facts On the Lion’s Mane: The Biggest Jellyfish