Volcanic eruptions are some of the worst disasters man has ever faced. It is a combination of earthquakes, fire, earth and more all rolled into one. The scale used for measuring such explosions is called the Volcanic Explosivity Index or the VEI. The strength of an explosion is measured from 1 to 8 with 8 being the strongest. A number higher is equivalent to about ten times more than the power of the previous. It has been more than 10 millennia since the last VEI 8 explosion. Check out the biggest volcano eruptions in history in no particular order.
You might also like
- Would You Dare Pet These 15 World’s Biggest Dogs?
- Imagine Living With These 7 Largest Carnivorous Dinosaurs
- The 14 Biggest Waves Ever Surfed #14 is Terrifying!
- 7 Biggest Goliath Groupers Ever Recorded
- 9 Stunning Facts about the World’s Biggest Catfish Caught
- The 12 Biggest College Football Stadiums in America