Called the Lion’s Mane Jellyfish, the biggest jellyfish that was ever found was 2.3 meters (7 feet 6 inches) wide, and 37 meters (121.4 feet) long. The length was due to the innumerable tentacles. It was found washed ashore in Massachusetts Bay in 1870. Also known as the giant jellyfish or the hair jelly, various specimens have been of different colors ranging from orange to purple. Like most jellyfishes, the giant jellyfish also glows in the dark.
You might also like
- 9 Stunning Facts about the World’s Biggest Catfish Caught
- 7 Fascinating Facts about the Biggest Morel Mushroom
- 7 Things You Need to Know About “Hulk” The Biggest Pitbull
- 7 Facts About the Biggest Hailstone
- Would You Dare Pet These 15 World’s Biggest Dogs?
- 15 Biggest Sharks Ever Recorded, #12 is a Monster!