Called the Lion’s Mane Jellyfish, the biggest jellyfish that was ever found was 2.3 meters (7 feet 6 inches) wide, and 37 meters (121.4 feet) long. The length was due to the innumerable tentacles. It was found washed ashore in Massachusetts Bay in 1870. Also known as the giant jellyfish or the hair jelly, various specimens have been of different colors ranging from orange to purple. Like most jellyfishes, the giant jellyfish also glows in the dark.
You might also like
- 7 Fascinating Facts about the Biggest Morel Mushroom
- Unbelievable! But These 10 Biggest Alligator Gars Exist!
- 7 Biggest Goliath Groupers Ever Recorded
- 14 Biggest Malls in America That Shopaholics Will Love
- 7 Things About the World’s Biggest Ball of Twine
- 10 Biggest Crocodiles Ever Caught! They’re Unbelievable!