Called the Lion’s Mane Jellyfish, the biggest jellyfish that was ever found was 2.3 meters (7 feet 6 inches) wide, and 37 meters (121.4 feet) long. The length was due to the innumerable tentacles. It was found washed ashore in Massachusetts Bay in 1870. Also known as the giant jellyfish or the hair jelly, various specimens have been of different colors ranging from orange to purple. Like most jellyfishes, the giant jellyfish also glows in the dark.
You might also like
- 15 Biggest Sharks Ever Recorded, #12 is a Monster!
- 7 Things About the World’s Biggest Ball of Twine
- Imagine Living With These 7 Largest Carnivorous Dinosaurs
- 7 Things You Need to Know About “Hulk” The Biggest Pitbull
- Do You Want One of 15 of the Biggest Dog Breeds as a Pet?
- 7 Facts About the Biggest Hailstone