Called the Lion’s Mane Jellyfish, the biggest jellyfish that was ever found was 2.3 meters (7 feet 6 inches) wide, and 37 meters (121.4 feet) long. The length was due to the innumerable tentacles. It was found washed ashore in Massachusetts Bay in 1870. Also known as the giant jellyfish or the hair jelly, various specimens have been of different colors ranging from orange to purple. Like most jellyfishes, the giant jellyfish also glows in the dark.
You might also like
- 15 Biggest Sharks Ever Recorded, #12 is a Monster!
- Do You Want One of 15 of the Biggest Dog Breeds as a Pet?
- These 7 Biggest Volcanoes Will Leave You in Awe!
- These 12 Biggest Spiders are What Nightmares are Made of
- 7 Biggest Goliath Groupers Ever Recorded
- 14 Biggest Malls in America That Shopaholics Will Love